Bhubaneswar: After 40 days of slowdown, Odisha on Saturday registered the 2nd consecutive 100 plus new COVID-19 cases pushing the state’s corona virus caseload to 3,38,719 while the State’s COVID mangers appealed the people to adhere to the Corona virus protocol to thwart possible resurgence of the pandemic.
On 9 February, the State had recorded 105 virus infections. Since then, the virus graph was on a steady downward trend till the 100-plus cases reported in the past 48 hours.
Amid upward graph of the contagion, at least three districts -Boudh, Gajapati and Malkangiri- have become COVID-free on Saturday with all active patients cured of virus infection.
Meanwhile the State government has banned Holi celebrations in public places this year in view of spike in COVID-19 cases.
The Special Relief Commissioner (SRC) in an order said, “Holi on March 28 and March 29 and related rituals shall not be observed in public places throughout the state. People may celebrate Holi with family members in their houses but not in any public places including public roads.
The SRC notification said that considering local conditions, District Magistrates-cum- Collectors and Municipal Commissioners may impose appropriate restriction on entry of devotees into temples and celebrations in temples and religious places.
After 110 new cases yesterday, the State today clocked 120 fresh infections from 22 of Odisha’s 30 districts, with 71 cases reported from quarantine centres and the remaining 49 are local contact cases.
With 26 fresh cases, Cuttack saw the highest daily spike followed by Sundergarh (16), Mayurbhanj (15) and Khurdha district (14) in the last 24 hours. In a related development, six students of a state-run junior college in Binika area of Subarnapur district tested positive for coronavirus.
The state’s corona virus death toll remained at 1,918 as no fresh fatality has been reported since March 13. This apart, 53 other COVID-19 patients have died in the state due to co-morbidities.
The death toll remained at 1,918 as no fresh fatality has been reported since March 13. The case fatality rate (CFR) currently stands at 0.56% in Odisha in comparison to national average of 1.38% CFR. 66% are men while the remaining 34% are women.
The State’s recovery rate currently stands at 99.19% with as many as 3,35,994 patients cured of the disease so far while the country’s recovery rate currently stands at 96.12%. Odisha currently has 754 active cases, which account for 0.22% of total positive cases registered in the State.
At present the country has 2.50% active cases out of the total caseload. The State’s share is 2.94% in the country’s confirmed virus caseload while the active cases are 0.28% of India’s total active cases. The number of cured patients accounts for 3.03% of the country’s total recovery.
Odisha has so far reported 1.2% of the country’s Corona virus deaths. The state has so far tested 87,62,607 samples for COVIOD-19 including 25,918 on Friday while Odisha’s positivity rate is 3.87 per cent.
Delhi Court Adjourns Hearing on Sisodia’s Bail Plea Till Apr 5
Centre to Decrease ‘Disturbed Areas’ UnderAFSPA in NE States
BJP Wants Developed Karnataka, Congress Considers it an ATM: PM