Ammonia gas leak in Paradip: Three admitted to hospital

Bhubaneswar : Three persons fell sick and admitted to hospital after inhaling Ammonia gas leaked from a Prawn processing factory at Paradip today.

Assistant Director of Factories and Boilers Chandrakant Dalei said the gas leak was noticed from the Laxmi Narayan Exports, a prawn processing factory in Paradip Garh.

He said preliminary investigation revealed that there was some problem with the refrigeration unit of the factory leading to leakage of Ammonia gas.

Mr Dalei said some people outside the plant were affected and complained of breathing problems after inhaling the ammonia gas leaked from the factory.

They were taken to the nearby hospital from where three persons were shifted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital at Cuttack. The condition of the three persons is stable, he said.

The local authority pressed the technicians and experts from nearby industrial areas to contain the gas leakage.

An enquiry has been ordered into the incident. Details are awaited.

About Post Author