New Delhi: The 14th round of military talks between India and China which started at 9:30 am on Wednesday concluded by 10:30 pm with the Indian side, officials said on Thursday.
Led by Leh based Fire & Fury Corps commander Lt Gen Anindya Sengupta, India firmly conveyed its position on disengagement in the remaining friction areas during the 13 hour long talks, top security sources said.
The Corps Commander level talks on the border standoff were held on the Chinese side of the Chushul-Moldo meeting point.
The outcome of the talks is discussed among top echelons in the defence, security and foreign affairs set-ups before a formal statement is issued to media.
The firmness of the Indian side was reflected during the annual press briefing by Army Chief Gen MM Naravane ahead of Army Day on January 15.
“What happens and whether the situation escalates or not is difficult to predict. But whatever we have done so far, we are in a position to meet whatever is thrown at us in the future. I can assure you that war or conflict is always an instrument of last resort. But if resorted to, we will come out victorious,” the Army Chief said during a virtual interaction with defence correspondents a headof Army Day on January 15.
Meanwhile, China’s state affiliated media platform China Daily, in its latest editorial, has written that the “US is trying to drive a wedge between India and China and India must not be led astray .
on the India-China border dispute during a press briefing on Monday, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki had described China as a threat to regional security with its “attempts to intimidate its neighbors”, she added: We’ll continue to stand with our partners on that,” read the China Daily editorial.