Bhubaneswar : In the successive daily 200- plus spike in Coronavirus, Odisha on Friday logged 234 new COVID-19 cases pushing the state’s coronavirus caseload to 3,39,694 while the numbers of active cases have surged to 1,313 with the latest surge in virus infections.
The latest spike is the steepest spike in virus infection in the past 71 days. The state had last registered 222 positive cases on 14 January, more than today’s COVID-19 tally. Yesterday, 214 virus infections were detected in the State.
With the resurgence in positive cases, the Odisha government has banned any kind of congregation for celebration of upcoming festivals like Good Friday, Easter, Pana Sankranti, Jhamu Jatra, Danda Jatra and Sriram Navami and associated religious and cultural congregations.
Amid spike in infection, the redeeming feature of State’s battle against Coronavirus lies in the fact that the State has not recorded fatality since the past five days.
Besides, Malkangiri district continues to remain ‘coronavirus free’ as no active case exists there. The state’s coronavirus death toll continues to remain static at 1,919 with no fresh fatality reported in the past 24 hours. This apart, 53 other COVID-19 patients have died in the state due to comorbidities.
The fresh cases included 33 from Nuapada district, 32 from Khirdha and 29 from Cuttack. Among them, 139 are from quarantine and 95 local contact cases.The case fatality rate (CFR) currently stands at 0.56% in Odisha in comparison to national average of 1.37% CFR. 66% are men while the remaining 34% are women.
The State’s recovery rate currently stands at 99.12% with as many as 3,36,409 patients cured of the disease so far while the country’s recovery rate currently stands at 95.28%. Odisha currently has 1,313 active cases, which account for 0.33% of total positive cases registered in the State.
At present the country has 3.14% active cases out of the total caseload. The State’s share is 2.87% in the country’s confirmed virus caseload while the active cases are 0.31% of India’s total active cases. The number of cured patients accounts for 2.99% of the country’s total recovery.
Odisha has so far reported 1.19% of the country’s Coronavirus deaths.The state has so far tested 89,20,771 samples for COVIOD-19 including 28,662 on Thursday while Odisha’s positivity rate is 3.81 per cent.
Two districts- Malkangiri and Nabarangpur- are currently placed under night curfew by the local administration even though virus outbreak is on a lesser scale in these regions.
Delhi Court Adjourns Hearing on Sisodia’s Bail Plea Till Apr 5
Centre to Decrease ‘Disturbed Areas’ UnderAFSPA in NE States
BJP Wants Developed Karnataka, Congress Considers it an ATM: PM