Bhubaneswar: After 40 days’ hiatus, Odisha on Friday registered 100 plus new COVID- 19 cases pushing the state’s coronavirus caseload to 3,38,599 while the State’s COVID mangers appealed the people to adhere to the Coronavirus protocol to thwart ossible resurgence of the pandemic.
On 9 February, the State had recorded 105 virus infections. Since then, the virus graph was on a steady downward trend. The daily new case reporting figure was in the double digits till today’s 100-plus new cases. As other States are witnessing spike in positive cases, threat of virus resurgence persists in Odisha in view of movement of people across the country unless adequate precautions are taken, said Director Health and Family Welfare, Bijoy Kumar Panigrahi.
As reports trickle in from various parts of the State, there has been significant drop in testing in different districts, poor compliance to guidelines coupled with slack enforcement. The disease staging a comeback in the State may not be ruled out.
Today, the 110 new cases were detected in 22 of Odisha’s 30 districts, with 64 cases reported from quarantine centres and the remaining 46 are local contact cases.
Cuttack district reported the highest of 20 cases of which 13 were from a private college hostel. With this, the number of cases from a single institute in Cuttack city mounted to 25. Earlier on Thursday, 12 students had tested positive for the infection following which they were put in quarantine.
The Cuttack Municipal Corporation (CMC) has closed the college for 10 days. Cuttack district was followed by Khurda (15), Mayurbhanj and Nuapada (9 each). The state’s coronavirus death toll remained at 1,918 as no fresh fatality has been reported since March 13. This apart, 53 other COVID-19 patients have died in the state due to co-morbidities.
The death toll remained at 1,918 as no fresh fatality has been reported since March 13. The case fatality rate (CFR) currently stands at 0.56% in Odisha in comparison to national average of 1.39% CFR. 66% are men while the remaining 34% are women.
The State’s recovery rate currently stands at 99.22% with as many as 3,35,923 patients cured of the disease so far while the country’s recovery rate currently stands at 96.41%. Odisha currently has 705 active cases, which account for 0.19% of total positive cases registered in the State. At present the country has 2.20% active cases out of the total caseload.
The State’s share is 2.95% in the country’s confirmed virus caseload while the active cases are 0.27% of India’s total active cases. The number of cured patients accounts for 3.04% of the country’s total recovery. Odisha has so far reported 1.2% of the country’s Coronavirus deaths.
The state has so far tested over 87.36 lakh samples for COVIOD-19 including 24,572 on Thursday while Odisha’s positivity rate is 3.88 per cent.
Delhi Court Adjourns Hearing on Sisodia’s Bail Plea Till Apr 5
Centre to Decrease ‘Disturbed Areas’ UnderAFSPA in NE States
BJP Wants Developed Karnataka, Congress Considers it an ATM: PM